domingo, 25 de junio de 2017

Obsidian, Jennifer L. Armentrout

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

This is the second time that I´ve read this series and I honestly can´t get enough of these aliens!
I read the Lux series in Spanish since I bought them while I was still living there, which was only like two years ago, so I am not sure how if the story has any changes that were made when they were translating them.
On the other hand, I would like to mention how frustrating it can be trying to get a whole series in Mexico because most books in Spanish are first translated in Spain, where they have a different vocabulary, therefore, once the book is published in Spain, they bring the books to Mexico and translate them or just sell them, but it still takes like six months since most book publishers decide to print their books in Mexico. Also, it is sometimes unknown how long it might take the books to get translated. So, I believe collecting my Lux series actually took me like a year.
Well, after finally collecting my series, I immediately began to read about this big and messy universe about aliens and special powers, but mostly about the hot alien neighbor that I still love.
In the story, we meet Katy, a typical teenager that moves to West Virginia with her mother after a family problem, but the first thing that her mother mentions to her is that there are two teenagers that could help her during her senior year at her new high school. So, Katy, following her mother´s advice, decides to go next door and ask for directions to the closest store, yet when the door opens and a tall guy with breathtaking green eyes greets her, Katy is left speechless.
Although Daemon sounds extremely hot and swoony, all fantasies that could be ever made are shattered once he opens his mouth. He´s a complete jerk. And soon, Katy is having discussions with her hot neighbor, which will soon lead to a roller coaster of emotions.
First of all, I would like to take the time to talk about how amazing Katy seemed like the main character. I could really see myself in her, not only because we shared an unconditional love for books, swoony characters, completely crazy plots and Daemon, but her character seemed logical and absolutely brave in a more real way, where every move she made seemed very natural. Also, I believe that the way Katy was shaped helped a lot the way the story was seen, not only because we were seeing the story from her eyes, but because the whole topic of aliens and weird connections between a mundane and an alien were taken to the level where it could be seen and fantasized as real and something that could be closer to us than we expected.
Daemon was a great character as well; he has amazing alien powers to move things and fight against the evil, he´s something incredible, has great looks and has a dirty mouth, which basically creates the perfect man that every reader loves. But the characteristic that makes him the most special is the way he tries controlling his world while trying to protect other people like Katy and Dee from the world that could break them, even though that means that he will have to fight against things that could hurt him anyways. Also, the way he can control his doubts and fears makes him one of the strongest male characters that I have encountered.
Dee is another character that I would love to add throughout this review because she is basically the description of a muffin because she´s soft and super sweet, she is the best friend that everyone would want to have next to them 24/7. But my favorite part of her is that although she is nice and sweet, she is still sensitive, which makes her very real because we can actually see her ups and downs.
Other characters, such as Andrew, Adam, and Ash are all characters that really balanced the story because some of them are harsher than others and some of them are more human-like. This really created a story where we could see that aliens have different personalities and thoughts like a complex human society.
On the other hand, I would like to mention the plot and the writing of the story (although I read it in Spanish and that could change my PoV). The plot may seem very simple and maybe a little vague considering only the synopsis, but I can guarantee that it is in fact, a very complex story, where we can notice different emotions along the way. Also, I loved the way the author mixed hot aliens, chaotic senior year and a fresh start because it was amazing!
The Lux series is a perfect series to read during summer break with its five books and fun plot twists with hot aliens. 
*I can't wait to read the Covenant series by the same author, which are the books that I will be reading next month during a Pre-College program at Harvard.*






5 out of 5 stars


Love, Sua.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario