lunes, 2 de julio de 2018

Beautiful Disaster, Jamie McGuire

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Abby Abernathy starts her college life at Eastern University with her best friend America, and one of the first things she´s dragged to is a fight, where Shepley´s, America´s boyfriend, cousin will be fighting. A guy that goes by the name of Travis Maddox. That´s the first time Abby meets Travis, a hot and swoony guy known as Eastern University´s Walking One-Night Stand. Then, Abby meets Travis again Monday morning at the cafeteria, where she´s trying to have lunch with America and Shepley, and Travis decided to follow Abby until she finally accepts being around him because he has NEVER been rejected. So, a fun "game" begins between the two of them. After a little bit of knowing each other, yet still bothering, they become friends and extremely close. But both of them decide to make a bet, if Travis wins the fight, Abby will have to stay at Travis´ apartment, yet if Abby wins, Travis will have to remain abstinent for a month. Although it is really predictable what will happen, the two characters become really close and soon they fall in love, yet they cannot believe it themselves, so they start telling themselves that they don´t like each other. But before they can know it, they are deeply in love with each other and there´s nothing that can hold them back anymore.
The first time I read this book I was just SO in love with it! It was like I was getting to know this new type of characters because this novel was one of the first books that I read, therefore, I had only been exposed to characters like Patch, Daniel Grigori, Cam Briel or Maxon. So, reading about a character that was way more realistic in the sense of not having powers or a title, made me realize that even though, it felt weird for me to read New Adult books being only like 12 years old, I could really enjoy it and I was soon in love with way more mature characters instead of teenagers. Also, I loved the characters so much! I loved the way Abby was because although she was a little stressful with the whole Parker thing, it was still logical why she would act the way she did because whenever you are put in her shoes, you don´t have much of a choice, especially because personally at first glance, I would go with Parker instead of Travis. I mean, Parker seemed more like my type of guy, he was going to study at Harvard Med School, he drove this fancy car, he was sweet, his family had an Italian restaurant and he would treat Abby "right." So, even though, as a reader I loved Travis and I wanted to punch Abby in the face, I still understood her. 
Yet, Mare was my favorite female character because she was the type of friend you just need. She is understanding, loved Abby and always protects her because she knows her the best. Also, seeing the relationship she had with Shepley was beautiful. 
Shepley is that character in many novels, where you end up loving a male character almost as much as you love the main one because they are caring, sweet and just lovely, and in this case, it was Shepley. He fits the typical Maddox style, yet he´s super sweet and nice, which really makes you naturally love him!
On the other hand, Travis Maddox is just AMAZING! He´s charming, arrogant, has a killer smile, has a dimple, everyone wants to sleep with him, has several tattoos, smart and wins EVERY fight. In other words, he´s like the type of guy every girl needs by her side. But, that´s not it, he gets really jealous and he´s extremely caring and sweet when it comes to his pigeon. Also, he´s very protective of the ones he loved, something that is normal for the Maddox family.
Aside from the characters being amazing, I loved the way the story was written, it was very fun and clever. The story would have been great without the brothers, but they made it so special, they made me love the story more because they are so amazing! You just have to read all of their stories. 
A thing that I absolutely loved about the writing was how much the author thought about Abby because she totally skipped a chapter because Abby hates that number! So, it was very refreshing to see an author that really tried writing with the main character´s personality.
I really recommend this book to anyone that is not very picky in the sense of mature content because it did make me feel shocked to read certain parts being only 12, but if you are willing to read amazing characters and a beautiful story about love, friendship and family with mature content, this book is right for you! And I guarantee that you will end up falling in love with the Maddox Brothers!


5 out of 5 stars 



Love, Sua


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario