sábado, 1 de julio de 2017

First Love, James Patterson/Emily Raymond

First Love by James Patterson and Emily Raymond


This is one of my favorite books ever! It makes me cry every time that I read it because this story makes me go through a rollercoaster of emotions.
Axi decides to make a brave decision and start a road trip far away from home, and she decides to invite her best friend, Robinson, along with her. When Robinson accepts, they soon start their crazy adventure stealing cars and motorcycles, buying all sorts of junk food and visiting different places.
After being on the road for a while, Robinson starts to feel unwell, as if Cancer was coming back to him. Not knowing how to react, both teenagers are set free on the road clinging to their lives and trying to make the fullest and the best out of it because tomorrow may be too late to start living life.
The best things about this book were the small, yet impactful lessons it taught me. The way it started changing my point of view about several things in my life because when we are growing up we start feeling all these weird emotions that hurt us or that makes us feel uneasy about the choices we are taking, but after reading this book, I learned to appreciate the small things that happen in my life and making the best out of them because those moments may only come once and the best thing we could do is have a good time instead of making it uncomfortable or a bad memory, which will hurt us even after a long amount of time.
One of the reasons why I loved the characters so much is because I could see a change in them throughout the novel. We got to see how Axi changed while she started discovering that life wasn´t only about having a good future, it was about having fun and holding on to moments that are dear to you and those around you. At the same time, we started discovering Robinson because at first, we had no idea of the type of person he was and Axi seemed to not know it either, so it was a lot of fun to discover things about him with the main character, who usually knows everything about those around her. Also, I loved the personalities of the characters, especially Robinson´s humor, and logic because his phrases would always make me laugh, which made me love him so much! I believe Robinson is one of those characters you want to shrink and keep in your pocket to take him with you everywhere you go, honestly, he would make everything and everywhere MUCH better!
Now that I have finished writing so much about my love for Robinson, I want to talk more about Axi, who I loved too because it felt different to see how our main character was trying so hard to keep someone alive next to her while getting all these wild emotions and flashbacks. Also, I loved noticing that at the end of everything, a part of the person she used to be was there, the only that had changed was that she had different ethics, which were taught by Robinson and the road itself. I loved seeing the truth in that because, in many novels, the main character ends up being completely different from the way she was in the beginning, but Axi was different. She was still the good girl she was, she just became fearless and learned to live life the way she wanted, and there would be nothing or nobody to make her take a decision that wasn´t hers. 
But something that I loved from both characters was the whole point of discovering a new love, a love that was always next to them, but they never discovered, and that they were able to discover their own story and build a whole universe out of it. I loved how Robinson and Axi were able to create a universe where Robinson wasn´t sick, where they would get away with anything, where their broken pasts were never interfering with their lives. It was something beautiful to see. 
On the other hand, I loved the story itself, the whole plot about teenagers self-discovery, but above all, the road trip! I think that by now you have discovered how much I LOVE road trips! I don´t know if that is because my family used to road trip a lot or if I just love discovering new things (I personally believe is both), but I absolutely love the way they find peace on the road while making plans about where to go the same day. It was exciting to see how they were able to get so trapped in the unknown of the tomorrow and that´s what made me love this book.
Another thing that I loved about this version of the book was that there were pictures included in the book (a little Amy and Roger´s Epic Detour style but without all the receipts and more pictures of people). Seeing pictures while reading the book made the story more real and lovely.
I really recommend this novel, not only to teenagers who are willing to learn new things but to people in general because it is never too late to learn how you want to live life.
Also, don´t forget to have a new package of Kleenex next to you while reading this! 


5 out of 5 stars 



Love, Sua.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario