sábado, 1 de julio de 2017

Since You´ve Been Gone, Morgan Matson

Since You´ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson



I want to start this review by telling everyone that I believe that Morgan Matson´s novels are like the best summer YA books! Many may say that they prefer Sarah Dessen, but I just have loved every single book she has published! And believe it or not, Since You´ve Been Gone was a perfect read for the summer! It even includes a road trip, which makes it perfect for me!
Although I was in love with Frank and Collins, my favorite character of the book was friendship because it taught me many things about it and it was emotionally close to me because if reminded me of my best friend and how far away we are from each other. It did make me feel a little sad, but at the same time, it made me want to celebrate my friendship with her more because I could understand the needing and miss of your friend.
Summer starts and Sloane is nowhere to be found, which is a bad sign since all of Emily´s summer plans were depending on her, so with a completely broken heart, she is set free in the warm summer breeze. One of the first things she has to do that summer is driving her brother Beckett to IndoorXtreme, where Frank Porter and Collins work, yet Emily doesn't know that until they arrive there and Frank greets Emily, and that´s how a crazy summer starts. After a couple of days being home with her crazy parents, who are writing a play, Emily starts getting bored of her summer vacations, until one day she receives a package from Sloane. It includes a list of 13 things she has to do during summer, and some of them include kissing a stranger, stealing something, dancing until and hugging a Jamie. Although the list looks like something Emily would never do since it looks like a more Sloane type of thing to do, she embraces herself to cross every item on the list believing that maybe that way her best friend will be coming back to her side. But after meeting Frank for a couple of times, they decide to check items of the list together and Collins ends up playing a big part of the whole adventure too. It´s as if Emily gets to find new friends with Sloane gone from her life.
After being friends with Frank, Emily starts noticing small feelings inside her every time she sees him. Has she fallen in love with him? That shouldn't have happened because Frank has a girlfriend, but how he feels about her? And is going to happen when all the items on her list are crossed?
I really enjoyed the book because it really seemed like a perfect summer YA novel to read since it included fun adventures and fun characters that could make anyone´s summer much better!
I loved Frank because he was the perfect combination between smart, cute and fun, he is the type of boyfriend you NEED. Also, he was like the type of character that is always next to the main character ready to help her with whatever she needs, which seemed really sweet to me.
On the other hand, Emily was a character that you could relate to a lot, she was not necessarily shy, but she was not as outgoing as her best friend, which made her feel uneasy because she was always considered the "friend." So, being alone for a summer and having to figure out how to live her days was an exciting journey for her because she was able to go out of her shell and discover the type of person she was. Also, she was able to build her own social circle, which was interesting to see since Emily was the person that was only included in Sloane´s circle. But there was something that I didn´t really like about her, which was the way she started acting after she was aware of her feelings for Frank because she just ran away without thinking that her actions could hurt people.
Aside from the main characters, I loved learning about Sloane only through Emily´s perspective because she talked about her best friend as if she was the most interesting and the best person she had ever met in the whole universe, and I thought that was beautiful and very truthful at the same time since that´s what we use to do when we are attached to someone that´s very close to us. 
Collins was another character that I loved! He was just so funny and his words would just make me laugh for a long amount of time because he had something funny to say in every situation and that to me, seemed like something that I want in the person that I will be spending my life with, honestly. 
As I mentioned before, I loved the way the author wrote about friendship because it made the novel extra special and for the first time, the male characters were lost in the story. 
But something I am still going to fangirl over is the way Amy (from Amy and Roger´s Epic Detour) appeared in the story because it was lovely to hear about a character that I loved. 
Another thing that I liked about the story is the adventure the characters live because all those activities that Emily does create fun memories that fill them with excitement. 
Overall, Since You´ve Been Gone is the type of story EVERY girl dreams of because of all the adventures and the swoony scenes with cute Frank, yet you can also learn small things about how to live outside your bubble and out of your comfort zone. 


 4 1/2 out of 5 stars 

Love, Sua 


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario